• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bristle worm tale

So I have a zillion bristle worms in my tanks, happily I even pick them out of the filter socks at every cleaning along with other pods ..I used to have a lot of little starfish I guess someone hunted them down I still have the little asterina starfish, mine are harmless variety so I pick them out of the socks too.

Anyways.....

Last night I was looking at the tank on the way to bed, and I see this bristle worm start to emerge from a rock..slowly slowly ..1 inch ...2inch...3inches out and I see it pick up a food pellet and swallow it whole...is just like a snake I see the pellet moving down 1inch 2 inch then it pulls back in to the rock. Sorry I know the video would have been a lot more interesting, assuming this whole story doesn't disgust you. Anyways it was pretty neat, and yeah I know I am strange-ish.

James, you drop the "ish".

I wonder how long that sucker really is.
Thanks I can drop it. I have no idea. This one has been there a while(well it is hard to say that one they all sort of look alike), I have to imagine it is a good 6 inches.