• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Broken back and dying of boredom

So as some of ya may know Ive been having some issues with my back for some time now.3 doctors later and they werent finding anything conclusive aside from things like degenerative bone disease and other bignamepulledmusclesomething...I was going out of my mind wondering whats up and why am I in so much pain..crawling home from work and doing much of nuttin on the weekends.My wife finally convinced me to go to one last doctor and start everything all over.So as we know how wifes can be nagging and annoying and they always think they know more than us guys...*winks* I decided to go to one last try.I worked all day Monday and had an appt for Tues.Same ol same ol...sitting in the waiting room to be called,filling out paperwork of who's who for 2 generations,sitting next to gawd knows who..Im sure we all know what Im talkin about here..anyhow-I get inside and they take a few x rays and wouldnt ya know..I have a broken fracture of several lumbar vertabra..which in laymens terms..."ouchies" Good thing was that I finally found out that I wasnt crazy and it wasnt a pulled muscle/s.What really amazed me is that 3 doctors missed it before this.And what Ive learned is that even thgh wives can sometimes be a pain they are no comparision to back pain! Haha..ok ok..the real moral of this is:No matter how many times yr told somethings opposite of what ya know,keep going till you get the right answer.Now if I could just find something to do during the day to keep me occupied...lol

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well Tony, I’m glad you finally found out about your back. But I’m still scratching my head on something else you said. You stated:

I finally found out that I wasn't crazy

I’m not sure the testing you had done verifies that you are not crazy. I think we need further testing! :grin:

Seriously, feel better and get well soon.

Glad that you found out what was wrong, and hopefully it will the start of the Yellow Brick Road leading to recovery! But my problem is with the other 3 doc's who found nothing wrong? Now I am not the "sue" type, but those three doctors names are not Dr "Mal", Dr "Pract" and Dr "Ice" are they???

LOL

Just rest up and make sure that you heal correctly, that is the most important factor!!!!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, glad you finally found what was causing your pain. I had a similar story like that with the hardware in my legs.

You have something to do all day, surf the web and read all the posts on NJRC! That's what I did for 5 months after my accident. ;)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
"Now if I could just find something to do during the day to keep me occupied"

I take it the above means Tony is lonely, so stop by and say hi and bring some beer....LOL

Feel better.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Knowing what's wrong is usually half the battle. At least now you can fix the issue and start getting better.

Did the new doctor (the smart one) tell you what you need to do to recover? Will this require surgery?

Anyway, hope you feel better soon Tony. As for the boredom, stare at your tank for a while! :grin:

You must of bee frustrated for so long. Automatic response to back pain is...pulled muscle. I wish you a quick and pain-free ecovery! I just got put off from work because of my back. Got injured at work the other day...waiting for MRI. I am really glad you got a diagnosis. As far as stayin home, now that Regis is gone, I am not sure what to tell ya'.

Thanks CJ,not sure at the moment about the high tolerance.Lol thirty.Brian-gd idea.Lol Mark anyone and anytime,I'd be up for visits.George-going for mri tonight and we will know more next week,thnks.Weiner-best of luck and I hope yrs isnt serious.Get better soon.