• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bunch of fish and other stuff, free to a good home

Hey all,

Long time no see. That's been mostly my fault. I moved, also the place I work at now makes me keep maniacal hours at whim, and I have too much house stuff to do as well. Add in the fact that I am getting married in a few months-and that is why I've not been around. It was great seeing some of you at the swap!

That being said, after my move, my little 20gal turned into a horrible aptasia tank literally over night. It has been languishing like this for a while, and I decided to get rid of it, so I can add an additional desk to my office space, so I can do more work at home at night.

These are beautiful fish, and I am sad to see them go, but I can't rehouse them in my big tank because of species conflicts.

1 Clownfish pair-and I'd like to keep them a pair. They were Jonathan's. The female is a beautiful picasso, and the male is an awesome black occellaris.

1 Neon Pseudochromis-I'd love to keep this fish, because neon pseudos are great looking fish, and this neon is a stunning example. However I have psuedos in my big tank (2 by mistake-long story), and adding a 3rd would certainly cause problems.

I was considering giving up my potters wrasse but I think I will try to move him to my main. He's been my pride and joy for over a year now. IF you can make a convincing argument I may reconsider.

Maybe a couple of corals...some zoas, a big leather.

I also have various equipment and supplements that I don't use now that I use 2 part. you can look through and I'll see what I can part with.

Also, a plain-jane 75 gallon tank and stand, free. Various reactors (the R.O. canister types, not the nice 2 little fishies types). Maybe other stuff.

Now a couple of rules:

1. I'd like this stuff to go to a noob, or someone who doesn't have much money. But I will not be too picky. All I am asking is that if you know a noob who wants some cool fish, let them have it, before taking them for yourself.

2. should a conflict arise, I have final say about who gets what, live stock wise. other stuff is first come first serve.

3. You will pick this stuff up, I will NOT drop it off. Not that I don't want to, I just do not have the time.

4. If you want any of this stuff, please respond to this thread, so everyone is on the same page, and this is all transparent.

5. If you take the fish, please know about the species and how to take care of them.

I am not getting out of the hobby, just need to re-home some animals, and get rid of some equipment.

Thank you all!

I have a 45 corner tank set up for 6 months would like to go to a bigger tank. I'm still learning about the hobby more and more i would love to see what you would be willing to offer

Hey so I cycled my tank and set everything up super nice and ran into some big fiscal problems (pm me for further details). I will take all the fish and give them a great new home! I can pick them up tomorrow.

Jeppley, I'd love to recommend the 75 to you, but If you want to upgrade tank size, I am a strong proponent of drilled tanks with sumps, The 75 would make a fine frag tank or quarantine tank but not really a display unless you go fish only. It is a standard tank with a tempered bottom, so it cannot be drilled.

Hi there, I'm interested in some of your equipment. My wife and I started off with a 34 gal solana last year and recently upgraded to a 120 gal tank. I just bought a reactor to lower phosphates and might need another one for carbon. If you have some equipment that can help me, I'd appreciate it. The potter's wrasse is beautiful but I may not have enough pods to keep it going. Thanks in advance!!

Jun

Drtyjrzy Would you be interested in the Pseudo? I have someone else interested in the clown pair (through PM), and you both expressed interest at about the same time.

Hi there, I'm interested in some of your equipment. My wife and I started off with a 34 gal solana last year and recently upgraded to a 120 gal tank. I just bought a reactor to lower phosphates and might need another one for carbon. If you have some equipment that can help me, I'd appreciate it. The potter's wrasse is beautiful but I may not have enough pods to keep it going. Thanks in advance!!

Jun

Sure Jun, you can come over and get the reactor at when you have a minute. I have tubing for them and everything. To be clear, these are the types that are made out of the R.O. unit chambers.

Sure Jun, you can come over and get the reactor at when you have a minute. I have tubing for them and everything. To be clear, these are the types that are made out of the R.O. unit chambers.

Awesome, thanks!! If you can show me how to hook it up, that would be great! I've never had to set one up before. The one I got is a BRS single reactor which looks like an RO-type?

Awesome, thanks!! If you can show me how to hook it up, that would be great! I've never had to set one up before. The one I got is a BRS single reactor which looks like an RO-type?

Yep, this is the same deal, except I think I have 2 of them, or it's a dual chambered (I cant remember). I can definitely show you how to use it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
......... I'd like this stuff to go to a noob, or someone who doesn't have much money. But I will not be too picky. All I am asking is that if you know a noob who wants some cool fish, let them have it, before taking them for yourself............

Very nice gesture Gluttonous! I'm liking it!

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Gluttonous, can I come by later and see what equipment you have left? I am available around 6:30