• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Burning in bulbs

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
How many T5 users out there do this? I've never done it but now that I have time, was thinking about it. I'm about to change out my T5'S as I'm hitting my 6th month mark and I have a spare single bulb fixture lying around so I can do it, but 1bulb at a time.

Pros? Cons or personal experience behind it? One thing I have noticed is that I tend to get an algae flare up when I just change them out w/o burning em.

I burn them in, from what I read if you use dimmableyou’re supposed to burn in for 50 hours. I leave them running and set a reminder so I at least turn it off when 50 is passed.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I do the same as Jgraz. no dimmable here, one bulb at a time. I change them when they hit 16 months old

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I do the same as Jgraz. no dimmable here, one bulb at a time. I change them when they hit 16 months old
Wow, that's a long time. I'm sure they're still good but I think it's out of habbit that I just change mines so often.