• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

C Balance 2 part dosing. Who uses it?

I use Seachem Reef Builder and Seachem Ca Advantage as a 2 part, which costs about $20 per year per 100 gallons of system size - so it's controlled, pretty cheap, is really easy to use and has all the elements. Also have a tube from the outside bringing air to the skimmer to maintain correct pH.

I use Seachem Reef Builder and Seachem Ca Advantage as a 2 part, which costs about $20 per year per 100 gallons of system size - so it's controlled, pretty cheap, is really easy to use and has all the elements. Also have a tube from the outside bringing air to the skimmer to maintain correct pH.

That's awesome. Probably a quarter of what I pay (about $60/ year for a 58 g) and it has all the stuff ie strontium mag molybdenum iodine etc. ?

Yeah it has the elements so you wouldn't have to separately dose iodine mag or strontium. It's about $20 for each bottle, 1.2 pounds, so $40 for the set. That would get you through a couple of years. You can buy them in smaller bottles.

The "Reef Builder" is the carbonate for alkalinity and the "Advantage Calcium" is the calcium form that stony corals use. If you want coralline also, you can dose the Seachem "Reef Calcium," which is a different type of calcium used by coralline rather than corals and clams. And for softies and zoas, Seachem "Reef Plus," which is vitamins and trace elements that they need.

So I dose those four products. Day 1 "Reef Builder," Day 2 "Advantage Calcium," Day 3 "Reef Plus" and "Reef Calcium" together. And I do that twice per week, so I'm dosing into the sump 6 days a week, one day off.

Other mfrs make comparable products if you have a particular company that you like.