• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calcium build up? Algae?

Hi, been away for a bit and now im back.
I upgraded my tank to a 35 gallon tank. Havent really run any tests...i know...i should. Ive had a hair algae problem that ive been dealing it for awhile now, taking it off manually dipping adding a small amount of peroxide...bought 2 products tried those too. But my other concern is idk if its calcium deposits or something else on my glass thats hard to get off. I only have 3 fish, flake food 1 time a week, frozen about twice a month, and a small amount of reef snow every 2 months. When i try to feed more, it starts getting dirty20180129_224417.jpg 20180129_224417.jpg

Attachments

• 20180129_224423.jpg
    20180129_224423.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Do you have a clean up crew? Mine handled my algae for the most part as I moved through the "ugly phases". I sill have some diatoms, but not much...

Poor fishies :( We gotta get to the bottom of this for their sake! What kind of light do you have? Could you test your water and post the results here?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ruth

Glad to see you back! Algae is a part of a new system's way of growing up. Is this tank 1 + years or less? You can take carbon and add some GFO to the mix. You will need to put it in a fine media bag with some felt fabric around it so the carbon doesn't grind the GFO.

Soo...i fed some frozen brine twice this week..a little more then usual...and i dont feed much at all...and now this happens! Thats why i dont feed much and the fish are fine.

Attachments

• 20180204_123609.jpg
    20180204_123609.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11