• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calcium Reactor for 40Gallon setup

Hello All,

I need an advice on small calcium reactor, need a brand and maybe model number.
I already have CO2 tank regulator and solenoid, also my pH meter has a limit cutoff socket.

Thank you
Aram

Why a CaRx on a 40? Dosing with a doser would be much easier and cost effective. That being said, the only way I would run a reactor these day is with the aquarium plants co2 doser and a maserterflex pump for the effluent. You will not get a more precise distribution of effluent. It's so sable my controller never shuts the solenoid off. There is a very long thread about it on RC. A pump can be found on eBay for about 400 if your lucky. Just research the models with would would be suitable.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Why a CaRx on a 40? Dosing with a doser would be much easier and cost effective. That being said, the only way I would run a reactor these day is with the aquarium plants co2 doser and a maserterflex pump for the effluent. You will not get a more precise distribution of effluent. It's so sable my controller never shuts the solenoid off. There is a very long thread about it on RC. A pump can be found on eBay for about 400 if your lucky. Just research the models with would would be suitable.
Don you have a link to that master flex pump?

Don you have a link to that master flex pump?
Official: Masterflex Calcium Reactor Setup Thread - Reef Central Online Community

I cannot say enough good things about how well this set up works. You absolutely need a good solenoid like the aquirium plants. The majority of people run the reactor controlled by ph, turning it on and off. Given that these pumps are so precise, the goal is to never turn off the solenoid. i never had the time until a month ago to tune it properly, but now I have its on all the time, my ph in the reactor never varies by more then .1 or .2 and I'm able to adjust the effluent very precisely.