• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Can any Aquacontroller vets help on setup

Im running into some problems getting my AC jr to run a feed cycle, if anyone can help it would be awesome. I can use msn, ventrillo, or even email/pm to get in touch.

It has something to do with the pumps having such a low wattage that the DC8 doesn't sense enough power being drawn to know to shut them off.

I heard someone say if you put them on an extension cord that it would work but I did that to no avail.

Is it a pump issue as Mike suggests or a program statement issue?

What are you doing with the program?

I have something like this and in the simulator it appears to work. Please keep in mind that my tank is not actually setup yet. :) lol

IF FEEDA 000 THEN RTN OFF
IF FEEDA 000 THEN WV1 OFF
IF FEEDA 000 THEN WV2 OFF

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
It has something to do with the pumps having such a low wattage that the DC8 doesn't sense enough power being drawn to know to shut them off.

I heard someone say if you put them on an extension cord that it would work but I did that to no avail.

What you need to do is plug the pump and a light or something into the same outlet on the DC8, this will draw enough so that the controller will shut it down completely. Just using an extension cord won't work.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I believe you need to use plug 4 and plug 8 on low draw equipment. Something about the way they are switched.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
I believe you need to use plug 4 and plug 8 on low draw equipment. Something about the way they are switched.

I know I read something like that somewhere. I wish I could find it.

I read that somewhere also Rich but couldn't get it to work reliably for me so I still went back to running something with a bit more amps on the same line (via extension cord) to make sure it got sensed correctly.

Carlo

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
bconn said:
Is it a pump issue as Mike suggests or a program statement issue?

What are you doing with the program?

I have something like this and in the simulator it appears to work. Please keep in mind that my tank is not actually setup yet. :) lol

IF FEEDA 000 THEN RTN OFF
IF FEEDA 000 THEN WV1 OFF
IF FEEDA 000 THEN WV2 OFF

First, what is your problem exactly. I find the simple one is that most people push the DOWN button and it shows FEED A, then they press select. That is wrong, don't press anything, it will kick in 5 seconds. If you press select, you are cancelling the Feed Cycle.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
RichT said:

I know I read something like that somewhere. I wish I could find it.

If your DC8 serial number is > 9000, then Plugs 4 and 8 are not effected by the low power draw problem. They are the same switching circuits they use in the DC4/DC4HD (no softstart and no triac)