• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

cant catch a flame angel

Im finally getting rid of my flame angel as Im now have seen him numerous times nipping at my SPS, he is fine with softies so he will be going in my girlfriends tank with only soft corals. Ive been trying for about 4 hours to catch this guy, keeping putting in food, turned the lights off etc... any tips?

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
If u catch him LMK how you did, am having the same problem and cannot catch him, have never regretted having a fish so much.

MAVL how did u build the trap of eggcrate?? Thanks

I had to take my rockwork apart. :mad:

I have since heard that a good method is to surprise the fish about 2 hrs after the lights are out, poke him into the open wit a stick, and scoop 'em up with a net.

trap em get a clear acrylic trap and put a lettuce clip in it

I've had a flame in my tank now for 5 years the only time he has nipped at an SPS is when there are pests on it
I had red bugs he was always active now that I have AEFW hes active again
he sometimes picks at micro alage at the base
I have 3 angels in a mixed reef
a regal, goldflake and the flame
the only thing they attack is zoos

finally got him yesterday, waited til feeding time, fed pretty heavy and got my biggest net, waited for him to come up and bam got him along with 304 other fish... Beautiful looking fish but im glad he is out of there