• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cant figure this out....

So about a week ago the tank started to smell funny. Look around and everyone is still there. Now today(WC day) the tank looks almost cloudy and theres a light brown film all over the glass and sand. All the corals are closed or stressed looking. Can't seem to figure out whats going on.

Tests as of before the WC

Nitrates-0
Ammon-0
Phos-.05
Cal-460
Alk-8
pH-8.2
Sal-1.024

Everything is well within acceptable limits. But it stinks. Any ideas would be appreciated. :confused:

I had a heater crack on me in one of my tanks, made a god-awful smell and caused my hermits to die. Hope everything gets better for you

Heaters not cracked. Had a cyno/brown film outbreak that choked most of the corals out so I've been dark for a few days and it cleared up pretty good. I think going sumpless might be part of my problem. The only noticeable die off was the dwarf cerith snails, but I still have a turbo and narites that are going strong. I just keep doing my weekly water changes and lights out. The one thing that sucks is I have to turn the LED's back and slowly ramp them up again.