• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Carla (finally) opened up her acupuncture practice!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, after 12 years of breaking butt for someone else Carla finally opened up her own acupuncture clinic.
She's in Manasquan and only doing 2 days a week as she needs to keep her other job until this one takes off.
Site is here (still working on it, so not everything works): www.healthworks.info
(732) 359-7048

She's darn good at what she does and if her work ever needs to call in cover for her they get over an 80% cancellation rate.
Been bugging her for years to do this but the level of risk/reward is/was frightening.

If anyone knows anyone or has any help or suggestions for advertising, would love to hear it.
She's taking patients on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and does take some network and out of network insurances.
Thanks!

radiata

NJRC Member
Good luck with the new enterprise! Perhaps you could post (here) a list of the issues that acupuncture currently has the ability to treat. I did an interesting stint once for allergies many years back ~ it was kind of neat to hear the needles crunch into my skull. (Sorry, that sounds unpleasant, but there was no pain involved.) Is there an acupuncture treatment for excessive (red) wine consumption? Does her new practice accept Medicare?

There is an upside in all this for you. You can take a tax write-off on the aquarium you'll be setting up in her office! (Even if you have to remove some fish (to your home aquarium) because of aggression issues there).

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
There is an upside in all this for you. You can take a tax write-off on the aquarium you'll be setting up in her office! (Even if you have to remove some fish (to your home aquarium) because of aggression issues there).
Bob, we already had the conversation.
It went something like this...

Me: You know...

Carla: No.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi folks, asking some help.
Carla is in a Catch 22 atm. She's not listing on Google search as she has no reviews for the practice, and needs patients in to write reviews.
If anyone can even just review Carla, having met her, it would help (or if they want to pretend they were there and leave a review...)
Website is also up and running with info on conditions, treatments, and such. www.healthworks.info

Also, FYI, she's giving out a free add on treatment for new patients (cupping, Gua Sha, etc..) and will reduce the new patient fee to a standard visit fee for folks we know and anyone they refer (but she does take insurance as well).

(Review tab is on left and a bit down)

Last edited:

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Good luck, guys. I visited the website but couldn't find what insurances she takes.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Yo mark. I'll text you. I need some accu work. I love that stuff!