• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CDAquariums 50 gallon cube setup?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
First off, welcome back John.

Secondly when you say large cube what size are you looking for? You can probably price a 45g, 60g or 90g marineland or deep blue cubes for a lot less than that AIO system. Slap a glass holes kit on there and a sump and you are in business. Talk to AO or Trop for the tanks, I am sure you will be surprise at how cheap they are.

Glad they will do it without the lights, but I have never heard of that skimmer which you probably are going to replace. Also I would be skeptical of that sump the way it has such a small area for a skimmer and an area for bioballs which no one really uses at this point anyway. I would rather have a sump I can design or at least have some more flexibility for equipment.

Thanks for the info, yea its a little expensive but it looked so simple! haha. Guess Ill be looking around, I think the Marineland 60g would actually fit a stand I have perfectly, as well as an ATI T5 light to get going with. I will alsoo look steve up, the name sounds very familiar but I havent been in the loop for about 6-8 months so Im a little rusty. Thanks again

Steve from ultra corals will give you a great price on tank and stand just shoot him a PM and he will get back to you. He would have it for you next Wednesday.

In talks with him now, very fair pricing. Definitely taking a trip out to see him soon and pick something up!!! I feel the excitement taking over....I think I caught the fever hahaha