• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cement based or Ceramic frag plugs?

Since I hate the look of discs and plugs I would vote for concrete ones since it is easier to crush them and trim them to resemble natural rocks and fit the rest of my rockwork, without damaging the corals mounted on the. ;D

Yea I'm with mladencovic on my view of both. I generally try and glue them to small rocks instead. Given the choice I'd go with concrete one too.

When you buy them typically they are still high in pH (concrete has a high pH) so what I generally recommend is to throw them in the back of your toilet until you need them. Soaking them in water allows the pH to come down easier and with all the water changes done automatically it helps. :)

Carlo

Honestly depends on what you're using them for ... if you're trying to propagate and trade/sell coral you can use the plugs and discs ... since it's not going in your tank.

If it's to go into your tank for display, what I like to do, take liverock and break them up into rubble and then glue it onto the small pieces of rock.

When I buy frags and they are on a plug or disc i'll just place them in my display as is and then when it gets large enough i'll bread the disc/plug and glue it straight to a piece of my live rock.

I have one millie that was on a plug and use aquastick to put the plug onto the rock and i've regreted it since .. it sticks out like a sorethumb.

Go with small pieces of Live Rock.

I like to use Marco Rocks rubble for mounting frags. He'll be at the swap or you can order online.