• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Chaeto in Freehold again

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thank you for the offer to us, I may take you up on this in the future. The chaeto in my reactor is melting away for some reason.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I think it's my oxydator. I have a very low % of h2o2 running in it, and it's slowly pushing the last of the diatoms out of my tank. Some of the chaeto is holding, but the top section of the reactor has almost metled away. I'll know more this weekend when I open it up.

I tested last night, my phosphates and nitrates are all acceptable levels. Well acceptable for my tank, I don't really have much SPS. Nothing that needs ultra low nutrients anyway.

Dave

Danger Dave, my chaeto was all gnarly and melty for a while until I threw snails in the fuge, since then it’s been crisp and green. And growing like mad. I just use a cheap Home Depot flood light with an indoor/outdoor bulb. I have a hang-on fuge.

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
thanks for the Chaeto. Hopefully it will grow for me, and I can pass some along.

thanks

rich
Where are you putting the Chaeto? If you're putting it in your sump, do you have a light for it? If it's in your sump and you don't have a light it will not grow well or fast. And it may possibly die and you have to start again.