• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

changing pump on kalk reactor

how hard is it to change the 400 maxi jet on the pm kalk reactor? it looks like its glued in do I need to get the whole piece that screws into the chamber

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Dave, i just changed the motor housing and impeller. If you simply twist the powerhead at the motor area it slides right off and you don't have to mess with where it is attached to the reactor.

+1.

Mine is brand new and the only thing that is missing is the 'motor housing/impeller'. When i went to open the maxijet 400 box, it was just the motor/impeller in there. There aren't any instructions to glue it in - and that would kinda defeat the purpose since the whole idea is to replace the pump if it gets too gunked up with the kalk. If you want - I'll take some pics and post here.

actually - the housing and impeller are one piece. They should twist off the PM Kalk Reactor together.

yeah - I just noticed that too. If you want to clean the impeller - you can just tug it off... it's a magnet that is keeping it on the Kalk reactor.

Sorry for the fuzziness - I just took a quick photo.

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg