• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CHEAP LIVE ROCK

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
$4.00/lb for cured rock is cheap...
Been to your site and yes you do have nice stuff but for us here in North Jersey being able to go and pick up to save shipping makes his deal really awsome.
I have his rock and within 2 weeks time the coraline was everywhere on the rock.
Also has 5-6" rose bulbs for around $40.00.

I usually have rock avaliable from week to week. Calling would be best to set up a time for delivery. 1-877-King-Rock. This rock is directly from Walt Smith's facility. It has not been sitting around in open vats.

Thanks and happy reefing!!!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
goto walt smiths web site, your rite ,
his rock does not sit in vats it sits outside or in boxes for upto 6-8 weeks.
I have seen walts rock nice but always seems to have alot of die off.it is not cured and anyone who has ever cured rock knows that the smell is
horrible,and not something you want inside your house.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
No hostility here,just making a point.
Where in jersey are you and do you have a storefront?
Saw some really nice corals on your site I like to see in person if possable.

Sorry to disagree. A point means that there is some fact to the statement. If you know Walt Smith's quality you would not have made the point. It is the best rock in the market and I'm not just saying that. Look around and you will see that the best quallity stores and on-line sites carry it.

I have been in this industry for 8 years and I do not like to see people waste their time and money on false statements.

Thanks for your reply, but I must set the record stratight to protect Walt's reputation.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I'm not making any false statements here.the fact is his bulk rock sits outside and gets misted with water from time to time.
This is for retailer experiences,
I have been reefing for well over 15 years, I have purchased numerous
different kinds of rock over the years,If your are transshipping your rock directly from his fiji or tonga stations then maybe your rock isn't sitting around. But the vendor I posted here fully cures his rock before selling to
save the consumer the god awful smell of curingHis average monthly sales are in the 3-4000 pounds.I'm not looking to make anybody mad here just trying to relay my experience.

just a point. unless your lfs is curing the rock ( you see them do it) any rock supposedly cured or not, will still have to be cured by you. most of the die off happens during shipping. most suppliers overseas gather the rock bring it to their facility rinse off the dirt and debris then it is packed dry and shipped to la and then on to wholesalers. the rock can be packed for many days dry. (some) wholesalers will then rinse for the die off. some put it in vats to remove some of it. others just move it from one box to their box and ship it strait to you. the die off is still present either way. unless you are getting rock strait from the ocean and putting it in your tank you need to cure it again. the whole cured rock thing imo is nothing more then advertising to get you to buy someones product. the only time i would put any rock in my tank is if it was at the beginning of its life cycle. you are also going to want to get rid of any predators that may find their way in the rock to your tank.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I agree you do still have to recure rock after shipping.His is very clean and will only take a couple days for the water to totaly re-saturate the rock and recure it.
Chris goes the extra mile and scrubs and rinses the rock before shipping.
I have no preditory critters in my tank from his rock,I do however have many gargonias growing on the rock from him and tons of coraline.
The coraline colors are purple,red,pink and mint and neon green.
I still hold fast to my first post you can;t go wrong with his rock.