• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cheato in main display tank

malulu

NJRC Member
if you must, then somehow secure them:
- to not let them get blow around by powerhead, which would drag/bother your corals,
- also do not let fish eat them. (it would be gone way faster than grow...)
;)

ive heard of people with nano tanks using a brand new soap dish and attaching that to their tank, im sure there is other options as well, like a hang on back filter with no media but cheato and an eggcrate wall ( to prevent it from coming out ) and im sure other options exist.

malulu

NJRC Member
mess bag - it would still flow around, need to secure it, and not too tie.
an eggcrate place at 45 degree angle on a corner, or a eggcrate box, probably better...

I keep some in my frag tank and it's getting really annoying. I think i'm going to take my old HOB filter and make a fuge out of it. Just gotta come up with a way to get light over it.

I had it in the back of my AquaPod with egg crate. Some would occasionally jam up the return pump. I put it in with my QT fish...and well my naso tang made a snack out of it in a day. ;D. I have seen it in a soap dish, in the back chamber, in a HOB filter, and even a canister filter that the guy drilled out and wired with a light.
If you have a tank with sea horses or something I don't see why you couldn't put it in the main tank.

Mike, Wingo is bringing some submersible LED lights I used an LED bar and that worked pretty well. The lifespan was the one thing that kept bugging me though.

James