• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Check this out! $5k sea leaf dragon! WOW!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You are looking at a minimum of a 300 gallon tank kept at around 65-67F. Not to mention a continuous supply of live aquacultured mysid shrimp. IMHO, these belong left in the ocean and enjoyed in their natural habitat. Public aquariums have a hard time keeping them alive. They are extremely susceptible uronema and mycobacterium, both which are difficult to treat resulting in the death of the animal.

Really who has money for that? 5K and it only comes with free shippin? For that price it should come with its own handler

I got the OceanPro email too, and saw this listed. I've ordered $$$ "things" via the internet, but no way I'm going to get a fish like this in a box! Left at my door! OMG!

Via BlackBerry ...

I've seen this animal at the Georgia Aquarium last September. Very beautiful! Don't know why you would buy one at $5k though and the fact that they are very hard to keep.

While I would never pay this money for a sea dragon, I think it is great that it is being bred.

They are amazing to look at, and this gives hope that in time, more will be known about their captive care and the price will come down.