• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Classklown's 34 gallon mixed reef

Hello NJRC community, feel free to skip this and get right to the pics lol but i'll start this thread out with an introduction and some of my backround.

As you probably all know I just recently joined this club but have been a guest on the forums for awhile. I ve been to a few frag swaps and the NJRC 2011 one was by far my favorite, the speakers were great, the enviroment was great and all the people were nice and helpful, this along with a recent reminder from xavier are what caused me to join. I was hoping I could meet everyone at todays meeting but I'll be at the next one for sure.

I have only been reefin' for about 2 years now. I started with a 14 gallon biocube which I still have and have had many more tanks since then. i now maintain the biocube, a 2.5 pico and the 34 gallon and all have been quite succesful so far and I will be seeting up a 75 gallon before the end of the year.

So on to the good stuff. This is an old tank and an odd size, its about 34 gallons and is 18" high x 36" long x 12" wide. Its been set up for a bit over a year now and is doing fabolous.

Equipment list:
2-hydor powerheads
1-150 w heater
1-hydor slim skim skimmer(awesome skimmer)
1-4 bulb T5 fixture with ati bulbs

Stocklist:
1 cleaner shrimp
1 royal gramma
1 tomato clown
1 anemone crab
many assorted corals

I plan on adding a tiny yellow tang to this tank, 1 1/2 inches would be ideal, in the very near future (please no tang police) I will be transferring to my 75 though.

Let me know what you guys think and I look forward to meeting you all and learning alot more about this wondeful hobby!

(Forgive the not so great pics..cell phone)

Attachments

• 1-25-12.jpg
    1-25-12.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 113
  • close up 2.jpg
    close up 2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 118
  • left side shot.jpg
    left side shot.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 107
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 107

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks good. Sorry you couldn't make it today, there was some nice raffles( they always are anyway!) Hope to see you at the next one. It will be posted in a day or 2. Can't wait to see the upgrade, then the next and the next and the next...LOL It is an addiction!

few invert shots, ill have better ones in a few days

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 64
  • mysterious hermit.jpg
    mysterious hermit.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 62
  • zoas.jpg
    zoas.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
Looks good. Sorry you couldn't make it today, there was some nice raffles( they always are anyway!) Hope to see you at the next one. It will be posted in a day or 2. Can't wait to see the upgrade, then the next and the next and the next...LOL It is an addiction!

yea im bummed i missed it, had prior plans that I was kinda hoping would get canceled so i could go lol but im glad it went well. I think the 75 will be my last upgrade for a bit haha im in coillege so until I get my own house i thik thats the biggest I can go

Haha! gret to see you on here Kyle! Sorry you didnt make it. (we'll just blame it on the girlfriend right? lol) The tank looks great, the new bulbs are really making a huge difference.

Haha yes though she's surprisngly supportive of my hobby which is good. Did your gf go with you? Thanks the bulbs were definitely worth the money

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Very nice tank, I am glad you enjoyed the frag swap. ATI bulbs is what I and many reefers on here use, they are great.

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be aboard.I love the bulbs too, they were worth it. @mnat, I'm hoping I can make the next meeting to meet everyone

Welcome_2.gif
kyle!....and thanks xavier!!!!

Cool tank! i wish my tank looked that good after a year.

That looks like a really big hermit crab - keep an eye on that guy as I thought the bigger they are - the less reef safe they are.

tagging along...

Welcome_2.gif
kyle!....and thanks xavier!!!!

Cool tank! i wish my tank looked that good after a year.

That looks like a really big hermit crab - keep an eye on that guy as I thought the bigger they are - the less reef safe they are.

tagging along...

thanks hawkeye! yea i know ive had him forever and hes been a good tankmate except for the occasional knocking down of a coral -_-

few updated shots, moved some corals around..can anyone id the coral for me? it was in a lfs as a tyree acro frag for only 15, had to nab it

Attachments

• tabk shot 1.jpg
    tabk shot 1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 56
  • tank shot 2.jpg
    tank shot 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 57
  • coral id.jpg
    coral id.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 53
Ah shoot I was hopin to get an idea but yea it was a great buy it looks even better in person it has blue around where the polyps emerge

Two new frags from That Fish Place, Lancaster PA

FTS shot- colors got washed out from my window being open and the sunlight coming in on it but you get the idea

Attachments

• sunset monti.jpg
    sunset monti.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 36
  • sunset montipora 2.2.12.jpg
    sunset montipora 2.2.12.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 39
  • christmas moon favia 2.2.12.jpg
    christmas moon favia 2.2.12.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 40
  • fts 2.5.12.jpg
    fts 2.5.12.jpg