• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

cleaner shrimp w/eggs

From the research I have done no one has found out how to feed them. I had 4 of them with eggs (until one of my fish because non-invertibrate safe) and wanted to raise mine.

Vincent -

most inverts that are lucky enough to get their eggs fertilized (without getting eaten) live only to see the babies join the rest of the soup that is known as zooplankton in the ocean. Zooplankton feeds off, well, off other zooplankton and phytoplankton, neither of which is plentiful in our tanks. These babies also have to navigate whatever corals you have in your tank seeking to eat said zooplankton. Then on top of it all they hope not to get skimmed or forced thru a pump to be chopped to pieces.

Given that today there are aquaculturists that can generate freshwater shrimp - it's probably only a matter of time before someone figures out how to work the saltwater variety.

Up in Maine I visited the oceanarium and they were successfully breeding Lobsters thru the first initial stages of life. But that research facility had the state of maine and the fisherman funding that breeding site/equipment/chillers. If there was enough need, I could see someone trying to make a buck off cleaner shrimp.