• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cleaner shrimp

Does anyone elses cleaner shrimp hang out near the overflow? The only time I can get them away from the overflow is to feed the tank. Or at night when I shine a flashlight in there they might be on the closest rock. When I bought them I was hopeing they would be a little more active.
image1.jpg

I have had multiple, and mine always stayed roughly in the same spot, and hid. Only really time I saw him move was at feeding time.

I had a few still have 2 but mine usually stay under the rock in the same spot and clean fish as they come close. Otherwise during the night the wonder around and clean my new corals/old ones. Sometimes hangs out under the overflow but I put this mesh stuff so nothing will get sucked in there.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
When they are alone they tend to be more cryptic but if you have a pair they will be a bit more bold. They are easy to pair, just buy two. They will spawn constantly and add free food to your water. Ours hang out in the rocks but have spent some time near our overflow, really cool to have.