• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clear water??

Hi again guys;
I was just looking at my tank and can't seem to get rid of the fine little particulate matter floating all over the tank!! :(
What do you guys do to get rid of them?? I thought it was micro bubbles from the pump or skimmer but they are not.
Can you give me any suggestions?? It's not DIRTY or gross just annoying, because I want nice clear water.

thanks

I just noticed something.....
A lot of the specks are landing on the glass by the sand and have started to WALK :eek:
I had a feeling that it was some form of food now I need to know which one they are. LOL

It most be some pod of some kind.
As for the NON EDIBLE specks..... how fine a sock would you recommend? they come in various grades. ???

Thanks for the help.

the walkin specks r pods. the more the merrier.

my filter socks r 100 micron (i think). you could also take micro mesh(sold in cut-to-fit sheets) and stand them up right before baffles in your sump. a buudy of mine did that, worked great.

phish guy said:
the walkin specks r pods. the more the merrier.

my filter socks r 100 micron (i think). you could also take micro mesh(sold in cut-to-fit sheets) and stand them up right before baffles in your sump. a buudy of mine did that, worked great.

Thanks Phish Guy;
The pods are having a great time because there are no fish in there yet LOL
Yeah the ones I found online are 100 microns.
Thanks for the info.