• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clownfish not eating

I bought a true percula on friday she's about 1 inch in a half. But im having trouble getting to eat and i dont want her to pass away she's has nice and bright colors too. At moment im feeding my fish 3 times a week and they all eating except the percula. Any suggestions or idea on what i can do for so she can start eating?

I bought a true percula on friday she's about 1 inch in a half. But im having trouble getting to eat and i dont want her to pass away she's has nice and bright colors too. At moment im feeding my fish 3 times a week and they all eating except the percula. Any suggestions or idea on what i can do for so she can start eating?

Was it eating at the LFS?

Try some live food, like black worms or live brine.

Dont feed them only these things try to throw in some wet flake food with the brine.

Newly hatched artemia are very nutritious; you can usually buy them at lfs. I hate to ask, but was the clown captive bred or wild caught? My wild caught clowns took about a week to wean on to frozen according to the lfs where I bought them, they respond well to live food.

Newly hatched artemia are very nutritious; you can usually buy them at lfs. I hate to ask, but was the clown captive bred or wild caught? My wild caught clowns took about a week to wean on to frozen according to the lfs where I bought them, they respond well to live food.

I have a feeling thats a wild one. Cause my other fish(s) that i have gotting from him before ate the same day.

If you think you have a wild caught clown, call your supplier. Saying wild caught percs are more difficult to keep than captive raised is an understatement.
If you want to keep that fish alive, as you know, you have to get it to eat. I'd suggest newly hatched brine as you can't get blackworms. Get yourself an old 2L soda bottle and a bubbler, decapsulate the brine (pm me if you need instructions on how to do this) and hatch it. Feed the newly hatched brine within 18-36 hours. Make sure you rinse it first.
You might also want to talk more to Barry (reefernets) he has a lot of experience with caring for wild caught clowns.

if you think you have a wild caught clown, call your supplier. Saying wild caught percs are more difficult to keep than captive raised is an understatement.
If you want to keep that fish alive, as you know, you have to get it to eat. I'd suggest newly hatched brine as you can't get blackworms. Get yourself an old 2l soda bottle and a bubbler, decapsulate the brine (pm me if you need instructions on how to do this) and hatch it. Feed the newly hatched brine within 18-36 hours. Make sure you rinse it first.
You might also want to talk more to barry (reefernets) he has a lot of experience with caring for wild caught clowns.

pm sent