• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cool Paypal Alternative - No Fees

Hey, I just wanted to pass this on. Might be of use to some... My wife frequents some Work at Home Mother boards and ran into a PayPal alternative that is fee-free :) Thought I'd pass it on to you guys as I see some good in it.

It's called Revolutionary Money Exchange. They're running a promotion right now where when you sign up, you get $25.00 in your account for just signing up. Your money is actually held in a real bank, so it's FDIC insured too. Alot of the folks on the boards she's on use it, and I've even started to see it pop up on Ebay and sellers are starting to use it there. Fee Free is definitely a good thing!! You can link it to your bank account just like paypal, transfer the funds to your bank account, or request a check. The only difference I've found so far after having it for a few weeks now (with a 2 dozen exchanges) is they don't have a card like Paypal yet, but I've spoken with them on the phone and that is something they're working on. The other thing to note is they don't offer any real dispute resolution currently, however, if you're using it among people you know, it's perfect. IE reefers you know ;)

She originally signed up just to get the $25 bucks and was going to transfer the money and close it out, but she decided to try it for a while and she loves using it now since there are no fees. She sews and makes things and sells them online and has been using it in that Work At Home Mother community more than paypal. Don't get me wrong. Paypal is great for the dispute resolution aspect, and shipping etc. But if you're going to trade amongst people you know and are comfortable with...this is MUCH better as it's free!!

Anyway, if anyone decides to get the 25 bucks, shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you a referral link...yeah, I'll get 10 bucks for you signing up through me, but more importantly, it's a way to get $25.00 for free, and do some business with free transfers with people you know. I've got some $$ in my account if anyone wants to sign up and sell some frags ;D

Might not be for everyone, but I thought it might be cool for people on the boards who know one another...to save on Paypal fees. I did alot of checking on them and they seemed to be pretty legit. They've got a number you can call 7 days a week if you have any questions. Good way to transfer money to family members too...

Oh, and you don't need a bank account to have an RME account. Only if you want to transfer money to your bank account for free... Definitely will be a potential competitor of Paypal I think...