• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Copperband

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Was out with my grandson today and stopped at let store. They had a very nice Copperband for a steal. Said was eating pellets but it did not eat them or frozen food in my presence so I passed.
Anyone have experience with these guys. I really wanted but was concerned about not eating.

horseplay

NJRC Member
If it's just interested in the food, no good. At least it should be picking at the sandbed or rock. Otherwise, pass.

Once eating, these fish are quite hardy. So the key is to get one that is already eating.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had a copperband for a long time. They will not eat pellets. I was able to get my copper band to eat by feeding clams on the 1/2 shell.
My cooper band also really liked reef roids and Lrs frozen. He also ate mysis shrimp
I also had a healthy pod population and they would eat them all day long. They also like nori

If you can get an Australian copper band they tend to be healthier

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
They are hit or miss when it comes to eating anything other than foods they target in the wild. Some will eat frozen clams or live blackworms, and will eventually take to other prepared frozen foods. Some will never eat anything except pods or aiptasia, and starve to death once these are gone.