• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral Banded Shrimp and Atlantic Pygmy Angel

Hello,

I have an atlantic pygmy angel that is up for adoption.

She is about 2", she leaves the zoas, mushrooms, nems, gorgonians, cocoworms and feather dusters in my 30g nano alone. I don't know if she is safe with SPS. I've had her for about 6 months.

She is up for adoption because she is picking on my helfrichi firefish.

I also have a coral banded shrimp up for adoption. This guy was in my neighbor's tank, and is gorgeous, but a bully (shocking I know).

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and tell me about your system and why you can provide a good home for one/both of these guys.

They are currently in acclimation boxes in my frag tank.

Pickup will be in 08742 (Point Pleasant).

horseplay

NJRC Member
Just saw this post. I am sure it's gone. Anyways I have a trio of pygmies. Not sure if another one can be added. The three I have chase each other but seems to have established a hierarchy.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We still have them so let us know what you are thinking. We will be at RAP on Sunday if you want us to bring it up.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Matt - thanks for the offer. Think I am going to leave the trio alone. Tempting but usually that leads to trouble. Reading up on the internet and "fight to death" keep coming up. An underrated angel for sure least likely to pick on any corals.

my flameback angel i had for 10yrs died last year. would be interested in your cherub. have a 225gallon tank 300 total system. housing a yellow tang, kole tang, clarkii clown, flame hawk and a splendid dottyback. newish fish was the kole tang who has been in there for 4 yrs then the yellow tank for 5 years all the others ive had for the 10yrs. as far as coral, it used to be a reef but had a bit of old tank syndrome kick in so i stopped reefing on the main tank. i just have a few zoas, a paly thats coming back a yellow gorgonia that pisses off my clarkii so he keeps moving it away from his sleeping cave. I'm down in camden can probably make arrangements to get it. dont think the shrimp would work. shrimp dont fair well in my tank

Hi Traddon, the shrimp and the angel are not a package deal, no worries.
Your tank sounds like it could be a good fit for my little guy. I'm in Point Pleasant, NJ 08742, about 70 minutes from Camden.