• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral Beauty Angels

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have experience with these guys? They are a stunning fish in person but I've heard mixed views on them.

My current tank is all softies, gorges, mushrooms. No lps/sps corals in stock

50 50 chance. Depends on the individual. Like many marine fish, it could be a model citizen in one tank. Put it in another, it’s a menace. Pay up for a captive bred, tank raised one, and your odds will be dramatically better. If you have aggressive or semi aggressive fish all ready, it might have a hard time.

I've had one for a couple of years. It has been kind to coral so far. Definitely one of the more aggressive toward new arrivals.

We have two of the captive bred coral beauties. So far, they are great. We bought them last fall. One is in our frag tank, the other is in our 30g. Ours are still too small to be terribly aggressive, and both live with aggressive clowns (lightening maroons in the basement and a jerk of a Picasso in the 30g). No picking at coral from either yet.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx guys

My wife really wants one so I'm looking down the road to pick one up. The captive bred guys, did folks get them from liveaquaria?

I have seen them frequently at absolutely fish. They are big on aquaculture fish that most lfs don’t have. That is where I got my aquacultured yellow tang. Prices are comparable to live aquaria.

Anyone have experience with these guys? They are a stunning fish in person but I've heard mixed views on them.

My current tank is all softies, gorges, mushrooms. No lps/sps corals in stock

Trio I have owned 2, one is still currently in my tank. Great fish very hardy, I have heard people say that they pick on coral sometimes but I have never seen that with either of the 2 i owned. They get a decent size nothing crazy mines about 6 inches. The only issue I ever had with him was a territory dispute with another fish but it worked it self out quickly

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
I've had one in my 120 mixed reef (mostly polyps, LPS, and softies) and she's been a good citizen, but as others have stated about 50/50 chance on compatibility with coral. She was also a little rough on new fish until I addee my Tomini and Two Barred Rabbits...has gotten more timid since. Beautiful fish!