• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral Beauty questions...

I am looking for a nice fish for my FOWLR (65 g ). I'm purchasing another this weekend. Currently I have an Ocellaris clown and a Pearly Jawfish. I really like the Coral Beauty, but how aggresive can they be? Do they mess with inverts at all? Should it be the last fish I add

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am no pro on these, but I do not think they are aggressive at all nor would they bother inverts (spoken from my observation when I had one) I think you would be fine in your setup. Hopefully someone else will confirm.

I had a coral beauty in my reef for 7 year. Great fish! Mine would really investigate new additions but once acoustom to them was a great tank mate.

Mine was a perfect citizen with tank mates. He did acquire a taste for sps one day and was removed the next.

I am looking for a nice fish for my FOWLR (65 g ). I'm purchasing another this weekend. Currently I have an Ocellaris clown and a Pearly Jawfish. I really like the Coral Beauty, but how aggresive can they be? Do they mess with inverts at all? Should it be the last fish I add

Google Red Stripe Angelfish (Centropyge eibli)

Its one bright nice angel thats a dwarf fish that i have to see or havent seen in stores yet.

falconut

NJRC Member
I had one a while ago and it was a great fish. Didn't bother any tank mates, including various types of shrimp. The only question might be with corals, but you said it's a FOWLR, so there shouldn't be any issue.

I have one and it is no problem with other fish, snails, shrimp, or SPS. Mine has picked at just about everthing else in the tank but didn't harm anything(Clams, softies, and LPS).