• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral, inverts, macroalgae, etc.- Tank Breakdown

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Hello everyone, long time no see. I've been struggling with my system over the past year or two, and was recently able to rehome my remaining fish. I'll be taking the tank down and wanted to offer up the surviving coral before I go ahead and clean up the rock.

Update- everything is claimed. Thank you all!

Last edited:
Eric, welcome back buddy. Glad to hear you’re doing well and wishing you well on your travels. You’ve left your mark on this club-when you get back in the hobby pop over here and post some pictures. And come visit your fish anytime you’re back around town. They seem quite happy in their new home.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hello everyone, long time no see. I've been struggling with my system over the past year or two, and was recently able to rehome my remaining fish. I'll be taking the tank down and wanted to offer up the surviving coral before I go ahead and clean up the rock.

The tank has had some issues with Planaria and bubble algae, so I recommend being cautious and thoroughly inspecting/dipping the coral before adding to your system.

Coral that I can cut off rock (pest free):

>Toadstool leather (2 available, ~1.5" disc)

>Kenya tree/colt coral- tons available

>Green nepthea- 2 small colonies available

>Photosynthetic gorgonian

>Giant palythoa (6-7 polyps, we'll see what I'm able to get off the rock)

Coral on a plug/likely has pests:

Neon green candy cane- XXL colony, 30+ polyps ( I also have 6-7 smaller colonies in the 3-5 polyp range)

Hollywood stunner chalice- 2" across, 3 available

Red montipora- massive 8" x 4" colony

Pink montipora with white polyps- 2 available

Inverts/misc.:

I also have a small brittle starfish (2-3") that needs a home, and various turbo/nassarius/cerith snails if anyone is interested.

My refugium has 2 types of caulerpa, 2 types of calcifying macroalgae, and two different red macroalgaes. If anyone is interested in macros, let me know soon. The fuge will be first to get torn down!

Pickup near 07733, or I'm happy to deliver within a 30 minute drive.

Thank you all for the help throughout the years, I hope to be back in the game better than ever in the future.
I totally would like to get that red Montipora
I’ve sent you a PM

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Replied to everyone's PM. the original post is updated to reflect what I still have.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll make a new post after sorting the macros if anyone is interested in some of them.
Nice pay it foward,, I’ll also have 4-5 coral to hand out to my peeps
I’d like to thank Eric for his generosity and all the great gifts he gave me. I wish you well Eric and hope your move to the west coast goes as good as your planning, good luck and be safe my ginger buddy
Again thank you you’re a good kid/man

Nice pay it foward,, I’ll also have 4-5 coral to hand out to my peeps
I’d like to thank Eric for his generosity and all the great gifts he gave me. I wish you well Eric and hope your move to the west coast goes as good as your planning, good luck and be safe my ginger buddy
Again thank you you’re a good kid/man
Do you happen to still have one or two of the corals

Must be bittersweet, but glad you found good homes for everything. Thanks for everything you've done for the club, Eric. It's been great trading with you over the years. You're one of the few members here who have met my kids and although they're shy around most people they were always comfortable with you.

Good luck on your travels and future reefing. I hope to see you pop in on the board once in a while.