• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Corals dying

After a long week working yesterday I saw my tank was in a bad shape so I did a 10 % water change today I notice my corals close and this 2 like that my water temp was 98 degrees i did a 50%water change and move this 2 to my other tank in my room and let's see if they survive I lost a golden torch too is a sad day in hopping they get better
7e6c79a405f551edd3ba2b3f4a8b5dcb.jpg
7ec3fde12718e8095e526b27f3498bae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Darn that sucks, I'm really sorry.. I will be going shopping soon for new corals and once I have them don't mind at all fragging some to help you make up for what you lost. I will soon be buying something that will send an alert to my phone if the temperature goes below 75 or above 84. A heater failure is my biggest fear in the aquarium other than the glass blowing out. Very sorry once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i lost a few snails a peppermint shrimp, and my really pretty flasher...my temp went up to 89.1....my tank is only 13 gallons so it was hard to control over this heatwave and i dont even have my heater on. I did a clean up today and a water change they look alot better now

All my heaters are off the only tank the is on is the one of my bedroom because that a.c. is always on

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to look into getting a controller that can monitor your temp.

You may want to look into getting a controller that can monitor your temp.
I have a digital aquatic temp

And I been working 10 days in a row 10 he shift and to be honest I didn't pay attention to the tank at all this week and unfortunately that happen

If the tank is running hot, put ice cubes in a zip lock bag, and float em in the tank....to help bring the tank temp down
I love that idea! I was told a water bottle but my tank is too small. And im afraid of cooling it off too fast but i gotta try that next time. Hopefully i wont have too