• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CT Frag Farmer's Market (3-7-15) Info and Invite!

fitch4

Area Reef Club Officers
I wanted to reach out to my “southern” reefing brothers and sisters to extend an invite to the 2015 New England Frag Farmer’s Market on March 7[SUP]th[/SUP] at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs CT.This is the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] edition of the FFM and it has grown into the biggest coral show in the Northeast. I used to jokingly include this in my posts but it has become true over the last few years with an overwhelming number of corals for sale. I have quite a list of sellers already signed up and some room for new people as well. Pretty much all the major players will be there again this year, and a few pretty exciting new ones!I am going to top the number of vendors at 50 or so. As usual, I would love to add more hobbyists to the list, which was the original intention of the FFM, so please let me know if you are interested in making a few $ from your fragging at home.Just let me know soon so I can save a space for you to sell.

I also wanted to mention the admission fee.I have never really charged to attend the FFM in the past but based on the # of people who came out last year (800+), I was asked to pay to use the school's space for this year's FFM. I very reluctantly decided that I had to raise the admission fee. I chose $5, and am planning to increase the number of FFM gift certificates that I give away as door prizes and in the raffle. I am also going to use some of the $ collected at the door to start a scholarship for college bound seniors planning to study biology. I am not sure what the scholarship looks like yet, but I promise that the $ will go to a good cause!

As in previous years, please let me know if you have questions or need any information on this year's FFM. It looks to be bigger and better than last year!

Thanks-
Jon Swanson

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Awesome, I know a bunch of people from here went last year. We will be in Aruba so we will not be able to make it but good luck.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Anyone on here heading up there? I really want to go this year

I was going to go up to sell again but I'm not gonna be able to do that this year. I'm all for a buying trip though. It's a little more then 3 hr drive. When it gets close we can work something out.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Sounds good to me. I'll know if I can go for sure closer to the date.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks john. That's quite a vendor list. I'm really hoping to be able to go this year.

fitch4

Area Reef Club Officers
Thanks for the good word Jgraz. I just topped the 50 vendor total and I completely agree that the shops are great but the hobbyists can be the diamond in the rough at the FFM. I have a bunch of new ones this year from all over the Northeast!

How far of a drive is it John? Did you make a long day trip out of it?

It took me a little over 3 hrs to get there. I sold last year so I just left at 5am and came home later that night.

This year I'm not selling but I figure I'll leave around 7/8 and yep drive home that night.

fitch4

Area Reef Club Officers
People have been harassing me mercilessly to release the seller list for this year, so here is the preliminary list. I apologize ahead of time for the people that I did not get the origin correct (in parenthesis next to the name). This is only the coral sellers. I have quite a few more dry goods vendors coming out this year for people to shop/chat with as well. I will put that list out in a bit. Also keep in mind that this is only the list SO FAR. I have a bunch of people who have contacted me and said that they are coming out but have not confirmed and/chosen their spot (including a few NJ guys). That said, I still have a few open spots, so if you would like to come sell, let me know. Enjoy!

AC Corals (CT)
Alex's Advanced Aquatics (CT)
Aquadreams (MA)
Aquatic X-celelnce (NY)
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections (OH)
BareBottom Corals (
Blastomaster/Dennis3366 (CT)
Coralcruze (NY)
Coralium (CT)
CDMAS (CT)
CTARS (CT)
dizzzy1209 (NJ)