• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Current Prime 1/3 HP "drop-in" chiller

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
I'll measure and take a pic tonight. Best guess from the office - about the size of a pounder can, maybe a tad fatter

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Sorry. Thought I posted this. I used a paper towel roll to show scale
ne6edate.jpg

and you can kind of see how the "hose" is set up. Like I said that's where your flexibility is limited.
naby2ahu.jpg

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Lol Dave you always pick the perfect time to bump this í*½í¸ƒ

I try. I suppose I should have waited until tomorrow - looks like we may finally start seeing some snow. That would be the best time to do it. But hey, thanks for the bump either way.

Hey Dave what model is it? Now that I've made the commitment to hallides I've been toying with the idea of getting one for the spring and fall when we aren't running our AC. I suspect that this is too small for my system but ill check.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
It's an old chiller Mike. It's totally unmarked. I got it from someone selling it on Craigslist and he told me it was a current prime 1/3 HP. I had a friend who is an HVAC guy repair it when I got it and he wasn't able to tell me anything. It was oversized for my system (little compared to yours).

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Are you going to have a blizzard sale? :)

Sorry - had a death in the family - and well it came up pretty unexpectedly and your message came in the middle of it.... It's still sitting in my basement - although Mike was gonna come take a look. If he passes I'll do a "raincheck" on the snow sale.