• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Custom 20L acrylic

I'll let the pics do the talking.....

newtanksumplight1.JPG

diystand1.JPG

stand5-17.jpg

20lbuild-5-20-09005.jpg

20lbuild-5-27-09.jpg

20L_8-9-09.JPG

burntballast3.JPG

new_fixture_build_22.JPG

lightfixturebuild02.JPG

20l1024093.jpg

20l1024092.jpg

I like it. I like the aquascaping too. How thick is the acrylic, whats under the hood, is this going to be soft or sps coral? Sorry for all the questions, but I think its nice.

The acrylic is 1/4" and it should have a eurobrace instead of one centerbrace because it does bow quite a bit.

The lighting started out as a stock cadlights fixture then the MH ballast blew so I went to change it and realized that its almost impossible to work on and I was sick of lifting that heavy light. So I gutted it and built my own fixture for the 150w MH and 2-24" t5 attinics. I mounted the ballasts under the stand so that the hanging fixture is much lighter.

This will be a soft coral tank. Def lots of zoas.

Right now for fish I have a pj cardinal ( which I've had for over 3 years now ) and a red spotted blenny. I'll probably add one more, I'm thinking a small hawk? Any ideas for a last fish (or 2) let me know.