• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cutting a toadstool leather

Not to familiar with fragging softies. I know u can cut a small piece of the crown to frag. However id like to get this whole thing out of my tank. Top is about 7-8" across, stands 5" tall. Its trunk is attached to a huge rock that im not willing to take out. I know u can cut the crown like i said above, but can i cut the base of the trunk where its attached to the rock to completely remove it? Id hate to kill it cause it is a nice piece, and it popped up in my tank about 1/2" blob when i first noticed it. Hitchiker i guess?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I don't know if they can be cut that way.

You can try to gently pry the base from the rock and see if it releases.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nick you are going to love this. I just cut my toadstool straight through the base. Mine is just as big as you describe and I wanted to duplicate it's beauty. The base was about 6" tall and I just took a pair of scissors and cut clean through the base 3 inches up. it has been about 3 weeks and the new crown is forming. I will try to post pics tomorrow, lights are out now.

Some people trim around the crown also and make many little pieces. Mine drops pieces all the time.

Anyway they are VERY easy to frag whatever way you choose!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here are the pics of my Toadstool I cut
IMAG0034.jpg
Top now attached to new rock
IMAG0033.jpg
Original base growing crown

Again this is about 3 or 4 weeks healed. I never took it out of the water, just snipped and put the top piece in a rock. Sorry for the crappy pics, but you get the point