• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dangerdave’s reef

DangerDave

NJRC Member
So I need to add another pump. It’s getting crowded in my sump. I purchased a maxspect duo. The I intend to use one side as a return, the other as a feed to everything else. That would take me from 4 pumps currently (would be 5 once I add the big frag tank) down to one.

It’s going to be a pain to move everything around, but I’m already making changes to the system so now the time.

Anyway, has anyone in the club used this pump? I’d love to hear your feedback.

Dave

Turbine Duo

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Good, I’ll try and call you later tonight. We have a bbq to go to in a bit. I hope to get your stand done, as well as the frag tank and overflow drilled tonight.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I haven’t used that exact pump but I took my tank from 4 separate pumps down to one and it is such a great upgrade. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerDave

NJRC Member
@Mrx7899x The 9k. It says it can do 1500 gph With a 5ft head. I’ll have to dial it back for the display side and for the the manifold. I’m currently running atound 550gph to the dt, wouldn’t want anything more than 650gph.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I was a bit nervous about drilling the low boy, as this would be my first time I’ve drilled glass. I picked up a broken tank from @Steven Simon and was able to do a bunch of practice holes. It really helped.

094CC5AB-6506-4025-A24C-AA076669E6B5.jpeg

Once I was confident, I had at the low boy. It was a success, and it’s ready to go. Of course I’m short a bulkhead gasket. I need two for the way I’m installing the overflow. It’s a cpr overflow with a back. No silicone, just need that extra gasket. I hope to pick it up from acc today.

9743F7CF-CF49-4A53-9F34-A84F8DF4875E.jpeg

77FDB68D-3113-4BA9-9D89-3939DA39BEBD.jpeg