• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

December Holiday Party

momof6kids

NJRC Member
How cool is that!! 7 minutes from my house. Thanks guys. ;D Won't need a babysitter now and can leave the kids at home. Excellent!! ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First 20 seats are already sold. 100 seats remaining. After that we won't be able to accept any more. These seats will likely sell out fast and I don't expect any to be available at the door, unlike last year.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When we began looking at options we couldn't find any in the lower cost bracket. We got to the point where we needed to make a decision as time was running against us. We couldn't find a hall to rent, caterer, etc.

Unfortunately, the optimal place isn't always an option.

Considering the very small price difference we are getting a lot more for our money here too. Plus everyone involved in planning will actually have a chance to relax, eat, drink, and enjoy themselves instead of doing setup, making sure food it hot, and clean up, etc like they have done in the past in a hall.

Carlo said:
I'm just curious but how did we end up doing this when the poll at http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=6207.0 clearly indicated most people wanted to go with a cheaper route and get a rental hall?

It's not a big deal to me either way but I'm just curious why have a poll and then do something different then what the majority wanted?

Carlo

Just curious... is the $5 over the price that was voted, the reason you have not reserved a price. I was an officer on the committee of voting on the place (and I wrote place, since no others were available) and would like to know for future things, if that cost difference, was really going to keep people from coming to our Annual event!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
debfife said:
Plus everyone involved in planning will actually have a chance to relax, eat, drink, and enjoy themselves instead of doing setup, making sure food it hot, and clean up, etc like they have done in the past in a hall.

Woohoo! I, for one, am definitely looking forward to an event that I can just relax and have fun at.

billyr98 said:
Carlo said:
I'm just curious but how did we end up doing this when the poll at http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=6207.0 clearly indicated most people wanted to go with a cheaper route and get a rental hall?

It's not a big deal to me either way but I'm just curious why have a poll and then do something different then what the majority wanted?

Carlo

Just curious... is the $5 over the price that was voted, the reason you have not reserved a price. I was an officer on the committee of voting on the place (and I wrote place, since no others were available) and would like to know for future things, if that cost difference, was really going to keep people from coming to our Annual event!

Heavens no. :) I already had plans for December 15th but I'm seeing if I can juggle dates and make it after all.

Carlo

Well, at this point ... I'm no good for that day/time. :'( :'( Been looking forward to this for a while too!! Hopefully if things change and it's not to late... I'll be back in!!

billyr98 said:

I was really looking forward to this, it's not the money, just have another obligation in Margate that afternoon and I'm just not driving 4+ hours round trip to spend an hour at the NJRC party :'( :'(

Same problem for me sinkingbeach. Had it been a dinner party I'd have been fine! Still working on changing plans at my end if possible.

Carlo