• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Deepwater Aquatics BLDC5 Pump

horseplay

NJRC Member
Stumble across this pump as I look for a return pump for my basement sump.

Deepwater-Aquatics-BLDC5-DC-Brushless-Water-Pump-96.jpg

The chart says about 900 gph @10' head yet it only consumes 33.6W.

Can you confirm this and also do you recommend this for pressure use?

Looks like it might be right but add in a fitting here and there and you might as well blow the water through with your lungs. I would invest in a good pressure rated pump and call it a day. The only internals I've come across that can compare are a line of sicce pumps, can't remember which though.

I use the sicce pump 3200 gph on my basement sump and feed my gfo/carbon, refug, and algae scrubber off it as well as my DT. I know a place for good prices too. I have two, one as a backup.

http://www.thewatergardener.com/pro...rNaBL0XLgnJZOpCPRyn7JY2PsQgQD9D3hgaAuM28P8HAQ

uses 165 watts an hour.

That the one

I should add that I use a BlueLine 55 for my return. Used exclusively as the DT return. Full open it pumps around 500-600 through my 180. Which is right around where I wanted it. That's about 13ft of head plus a few fittings. I used flex PVC to reduce fittings as well.

Stumble across this pump as I look for a return pump for my basement sump.

Deepwater-Aquatics-BLDC5-DC-Brushless-Water-Pump-96.jpg

The chart says about 900 gph @10' head yet it only consumes 33.6W.

Can you confirm this and also do you recommend this for pressure use?

Hi Horseply,

The BLDC pumps have been getting great feedback from our customers. They are energy efficient and very well built. They can indeed be used for pressure applications, but do keep in mind that each elbow adds 1 foot of head pressure and a reduction from the 1 1/4" outlet size will also cause a reduction in the flow rate.

The BLDC8 or BLDC10 would be the better options (depending on how many elbows you are using and the tubing size). At just 67.2 and 79.2 Watts, they are still very efficient compared to other pumps. The best part is that if you don't need the pull power, you can simply dial it down to a lower output and use even less electricity.