• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

I hate this show. I'm in the middle of watching it now and all I want to do is jump in my truck and drive all over the country and eat at everyone of these restaurant and pass out in a dumpster with grease oozing out of everyone of my pores. And I will die a happy man.

But no. Instead I go to my fridge and find nothing greasy except two-day-old pizza. Ugh.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOL. I've heard GREAT promises of trips around the country searching out said diners, drive-ins and dives. We have yet to encounter any.

My wife yells at me for watching because all we do is get the munchies.

They actually sell a book that shows all the places he went to. My bro/sis-in law got it and hit up a place up in CT. They were dumb though and ordered something on the menu vs something guy recommended. It was so-so. LOL.

Off topic - I saw Guy on Dinner Impossible raising money for the boys club in California and it was hilarious watching him interact with the dinner impossible chef.

There was a jersey shore diner that made a pancake that looked like the face of guy - totally amazing.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Phyl said:
LOL. I've heard GREAT promises of trips around the country searching out said diners, drive-ins and dives. We have yet to encounter any.

Next time your WAY north the Jefferson Diner was on that show.
Maybe if we talk Jeff (JCurry) into setting up a tank again you can bring him frags,the diner mentioned is about 20 minutes from his house.

reefsandrotts said:
Phyl said:

Next time your WAY north the Jefferson Diner was on that show.
Maybe if we talk Jeff (JCurry) into setting up a tank again you can bring him frags,the diner mentioned is about 20 minutes from his house.

I saw that one. I've been meaning to stop by White Manna Hamburgers in Hackensack. It was featured on the same show.

Now I'm REALLY hungry!

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Greg, If you want a good burger in hackensack go to Chubby's BBQ right across from the prison in River Road and order the 1lb burger with hot sauce, and blue cheese!!! Make sure it's mid rare and have a side of fried plantains with it...heaven!!!!

As a matter of fact let me know when you are going and I will meet you there! ;D

Rod

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
We used to eat there all the time when I worked in Teterboro. Maybe that's why have high cholesterol and chest pains.

Jcurry@wesketch said:
I'm in Park Ridge if we're getting a road trip together. Your pick.

Cubby's BBQ
249 S. River St.
bet. Kennedy & Water Sts.)
Hackensack, NJ 07601

Phone: 201-488-9389
Fax: 488-1298
www.cubbysbarbeque.com.

East Rutherford is onboard. Don't take me to White Manna though. That place makes White Castle seem like the White House!

I haven't seen this show but I worked with a crowd that chased down the best hot dogs in NJ. ;D

Had my bypass surgery shortly after making two stops in one day!