• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Distasteful Advertising... leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Pun intended...

flipping through a recent magazine I came across this ad for dishes:
http://www.corelle.com/usr/pages/ads/SLad_lrg.jpg

As a reef enthusiast seeing a full page ad of dead SPS corals makes me ill... maybe I'm overreacting but I'm hopeful others feel the same and will voice their feelings to the company to get the ad pulled. I told them to me it's the equivalent to them showing a family of skeletons sitting around a table set with their dishes <g>

Candi said:
As a reef enthusiast seeing a full page ad of dead SPS corals makes me ill...

Hey, they could be just one of those white stags that someone was selling on the last club meeting (or one before the last) ;)

Or it could be part of that tank of that Florida guy that had tens of angels at the same time in the same tank with bleached sand and dead corals. I guess that was a target advertising for him ;D

I bet they didn't even know the difference between live corals and dead.

"Hey lets put it here with all the pretty white ones"

After looking some more are they even dead?or just a lousy washed out photo?

Regardless the add doesn't even tie in, "Holds up under the harshest conditions"?
What's the relevance

?

I'm sure it was ignorance, I'd say that anyone not in the hobby has no idea those pretty decorative corals are actually a dead animal... and maybe my even commenting was silly but it was one of those cases where I felt like they needed to be educated. I actually received a nice response from the company saying they were sorry I found the ad offensive and would forward my comments to the advertising department etc.