• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DIY Cryptic Tube Fuge

Or in my case transforming my L/F 150 phosban reactor into one. I guess the questions are;

1. Is the 150 big enough

2. Should I have the return line go to the Skimmer?

What size system are you trying to support with it? It's all relative to your volume. Any vessle with water flow , LR and no light is going to develop into a crypt fuge of sorts. On too large of a system, you'll end up with one, 150 sized sponge with rock inclusions after a while.

And, I'd say no to puting it through your skimmer. I prefer to send skimmed water to the cryptic fuge and lighted fuge as well. I wonce as a big fan of sending raw water to the fuge but I don't think it is really that critical any more. I think it's more about balnceing your tri-zonal system over the long term.

29 cube, so it's nothing big. I'm thinking about a flow rate of 5 gal an hour so. I have the bioballs that have been sitting dormant ever since I went with the SR3 in chamber 2.So I'm thinking about using that instead of rock. As for post Skimmer intake/return without sacrificing flow as the return will be around 5gph, or is that too slow in this case?

Thanks for the response BTW.