• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DIY KALK ATO

So My new 120 has been up a few weeks now and I am doing as much DIY to it as I can, I mean why spend 300 on something when you can DIY it for 100!! I must say, having to remember to make water for topping off on my old 40g was such a pain. 100% automation is the way to go.

Anyway, I am working on my ATO System which will be topping off with kalkwasser.

So far it's up and running with just RODI Water.

I have a 18g RubberMaid with lid.
Float valve connected to my AWI Typhoon RO/DI
1/4 Quick connect bulkhead fitting connected to a aqua lifter pump that is triggered with a float switch in my return section of my sump.

My question is: I have a nice inexpensive MJ1200 that I am going to mount inside the reservoir to mix the Kalk once i add it. How often should I program the timer to run the power head to stir the kalk?

Every hour? Every half hour? twice a day? Also, i would think it be best to use a timer on the ATO Switch so that it doesn't drip Kalkwasser while its stirring correct?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

-Rob