• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

do you have any experience with an Achilles Tang?

do you have any experience with an Achilles Tang ? i have been offered one that has been in a tank for at least 4 years and he is very healthy i plan to put him in with my medium blue hippo tang and large yellow tangs (i am thinking of moving my big hippo blue out to the fowlr) do you think this will need to be done? the Achilles is in with a orange shoulder tang and a white cheek tang...i cant pass the price up and i alway wanted one

How big is the tank you have now?

Achilles love flow ... alot alot alot of flow.

I think the tankmates can work as long as the tank is big enough and he's larger than the yellows. I don't think he'll have an issue with the Blue at all. The Yellows may try and pick a fight though.

now i have a 125g with 2 seio 820 and 2 seio 1500 the achilles is a bit bigger then the yellow and i have plain to upgrade to a 220g next summer do you think i could leave both blues in with him ? ( i have no problems getting rid of the yellow tang)

If you have no problem getting rid of the yellow I would. A tank that size/depth would only cause fights between two tangs.

I'm not the tang police by any means .. I had a desarjini, a hippo, and an achilles in a 120. But I did get rid of the Desarjini when the time came because it got too large and then my Achilles had a parasite of some sort after I had him for a long time. Still pretty upset about it. But anyway, just to be fair to the animals I would keep the fish that you like more(The Achilles in this case) and get rid of the other one as long as it doesn't bother you.

I'll probably try an achilles again in the future but not for a while, and when I do I will try and give him as much space and freedom as I can.

But good luck with what you decide to do and keep us posted.