• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anybody sell dry rock locally?

all I've seen is mostly Cured or uncured live rock. I know hidden reef had texas holey rock last time I was there, but I'm looking for marco type stuff.
I'm building a peninsula 40B & want to be pretty specific when it comes to picking pieces.

Thanks!

Ryan,

The hidden reef does now sell it but like Marco its quite dirty and will need curing/etching to ensure that it doesn't leach. They are also pretty big pieces so you'll have to break them up. Give them a call though as the last time I was there they had very little left. My recommendation, and I cant recommend it enough is to go here: http://reefrocks.net/
You will not regret it. Give Steve the owner a call and tell him what you want as far a shapes, shelves, pillars, and sizes and he will make it happen. I have used it for my 2 upgrades and I would use it again. Its perfectly clean and can be added to the system without fear of problems as I have done many times. And at $85 for 50lbs to your door I doubt you could find a better price on dry.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Trop ACC, and AO all sell the Real Reef rock which is not pulled off the reef so it comes in a bunch of interesting shapes and sizes (think shelf and branch).

I've used Real Reef Rock for my build and I think it's awesome. My last build was with Marco. In case you don't know, Real Reef rock is man made. The pieces are really easy to stack and provide a lot of options w/o having to permanently join pieces together.