• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone know where i can get a custom UV glass made? (Bayonne)

Help! I'm trying to find someone who does custom size UV glass for my lighting. I have 5 different sizes to cover my lighting and only 2 are UV that covers my MH. the other 3 are made of see through plexi glass and it's really not even see through anymore and it's restricting some of my lighting to go through the whole aquarium.

Just a question,would you need to replace the covers/lenses? I run 4-175 Mh's on my tank,and have seen no "ill effects" from this,although I dont make it a habit to stare into them when the hoods open either..

your local glass shop should be able to get you UV glass.

Now with that said... what bulb type MH do you have? DE bulbs require UV glass, but mogul based bulbs have UV protection built in. If the plexiglass doesn't have light from the MH passing through it, then you should be able to go with regular glass instead.

Post a link to or a pic of your lights and I should be able to help more.

shipwrecked, it can be nice to have to keep water off the bulbs/reflectors.