• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Doing Plumbing today...Need Advice ASAP

Ok. running my return lines from a sump using Flex Tubing....Used 2/4 tubing for return and I put the metal clamp around the fittings...Just realized....Will the metal clamp corrode in the sump? Perhaps just leave the in sump fittings as is ....so to speak and not clamp them...................comments???????????

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Depending how snug the fit is, you really don't need clamps on a connection that's under water. That being said, it's probably best to use the plastic ones. Don't use metal though.

Reilly Stv said:
Ok. running my return lines from a sump using Flex Tubing....Used 2/4 tubing for return and I put the metal clamp around the fittings...Just realized....Will the metal clamp corrode in the sump? Perhaps just leave the in sump fittings as is ....so to speak and not clamp them...................comments???????????

I'm guessing you don't mean spaflex when you say flex tubing. because the spaflex will not fit over any nipple adapters and it will need to be hard plumbed like hard PVC. The plastic clamps should be ok if the tube is tight on the bulkhead, if not you will have to use the stainless one's they will corrode but it will take a while to do so.

Harry

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
If its regular tubing (clear or braided) on a brabed fitting, you can also use a couple of Tie wraps to hold it in place.