• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dr. Mac Trip: Saturday, July 14

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For those who are planning on attending the Dr. Mac trip, please RSVP HERE!

In the comments area please list your launch point if you have extra seats available for carpool or the person with whom you'd like to carpool.

This is open to NJRC members only.

Count me in for the trip, is there a sign up sheet around here somewhere that I am missing? This is the only link I have found that involves this trip....thanks

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
nano. Up top in Phyl's post where it say's RSVP HERE. AS Here is the link.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike - can you change the adult count to 2 in your RSVP? That way Tom is included in the total count as well.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're right, Rich. Probably ought to do that in the comments field instead as the dynamic fields don't appear in the list (so then exactly what good are they? I feel another mod on the horizon).

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It would be easier to keep the "countable member" count if Tom RSVPd for himself. John & I will RSVP together since only one of us counts, but Tom & Mike both count since they don't live in the same house.

Bit of a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'm looking to make it easy to communicate the totals as well as member count to Dr. Mac!

Thanks!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How about instead of Adult/Childern you track by Household/Other or something like that.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just got a call from Rachael at Dr. Macs. Someone had called about the rock pricing and she unfortunately gave out some incorrect information. There will not be any additional discount over their current sale pricing advertised on the web site. This sale will be running through our visit on the 14th. She asked me to apologize to whichever member that it was that called. So "sorry whoever you are".

Also, anyone who's attendance status has changed, please update the RSVP page. Thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We're getting close and need a final head count by Wednesday. Please update your RSVP if you're not able to attend the trip.

Just to clarify Rich's post above, there will be no additional discounts on ANY sale merchandise. The discount that they are offering us is off of their list price.

Aaron & Renee, you're welcome to ride along with us if you'd like. We'll be heading down the turnpike and could meet you guys off of an exit somewhere along the way. Renee, that means a little bit of driving for you to get down this way, but at least you wouldn't be making the whole trip alone.

I know Ed (JerseyDiablo) is coming from this way as well and is also looking for someone to carpool with. He has 3 seats available.

Anyone else looking to share a ride? Let's get the final coordination done so that we know who's going to be there and who's riding with whom.

Please remember that this trip is for NJRC members only!

Unfortunately I am bailing out on this :( on my way up to the Aquarium Center to purchase a new pump for my new chiller ;D my timing belt went on my Volvo :mad: It's a huge $ repair and am more than likely going to be purchasing a newer car, I really hate car payments :mad:

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You don't HAVE to spend money at Mac's... You can just come for the good time! :) You should have shopped around more yesterday, I'm sure you could have found just the right pump, lol.

If you're really bailing then don't forget to un-RSVP from the list so that we can keep an accurate head count!

Phyl said:
We're getting close and need a final head count by Wednesday. Please update your RSVP if you're not able to attend the trip.

Just to clarify Rich's post above, there will be no additional discounts on ANY sale merchandise. The discount that they are offering us is off of their list price.

Aaron & Renee, you're welcome to ride along with us if you'd like. We'll be heading down the turnpike and could meet you guys off of an exit somewhere along the way. Renee, that means a little bit of driving for you to get down this way, but at least you wouldn't be making the whole trip alone.

I know Ed (JerseyDiablo) is coming from this way as well and is also looking for someone to carpool with. He has 3 seats available.

Anyone else looking to share a ride? Let's get the final coordination done so that we know who's going to be there and who's riding with whom.

Please remember that this trip is for NJRC members only!

I could meet you near the Mt Laurel exit.

I'm still in need of a ride for Saturday. If I can car pool with anyone I'd appreciate it. Obviously I'll chip in for gas and stuff.

I'm less then 1 mile off Exit 7 on the NJTP and exit 57 off 295.

Carlo

I would like to know also. I am planning on ordering my live rock from there. Was the rock nice? Did you get a chance to see it? Just curious.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, for me it was 12 hours of travel (due to a small wait each way) for 2.5 hours of time at the store. I would say it was worth the trip. I got some pretty nice pieces for a reasonable price. The one thing I thought was a little odd was that the 40% off didn't apply to already marked down items and almost everything in the store was already marked down. The prices were still pretty good, though.

I was really impressed with his set up. It's a nice size store and very, very clean. Plus, Dr. Mac is a good guy to talk to and really helpful.

What was everyone else's impression?

I had a great time and got some very nice corals. The drive was a little long but worth it.

The live rock I seen looked great it was covered in coraline algae. I don't think you can go wrong ordering from Dr.Mac.