• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dream Skimmer

I have been upgrading my system piece by piece and now I'm considering a high end skimmer. If money didn't matter what would everyone choose?

Yes, money does matter but, I'm already dead if she ever finds out the real costs and a little more won't hurt, right?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I just picked up my dream skimmer. I got it used to it wasn't to bad. Skimmer is one of the most important investments you can make for tank is what I was always told.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...&Product_Code=SQ-OCT-PK&Category_Code=reefflo

100_0546.jpg

I was asking because I have a chance to pick up a Deltec AP851 for $750-800. It's 2 years old but looks like new.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I second the Reeflo Orca 250. For the money, its a great value. You should break off the acrylic ring on the cover though to give you even better performance. Thats what I did with mine and it pulls a lot more skimmate than before.

While very nice I think the Deltec's are overpriced compared to similar skimmers.

Bubble King have always had a good reputation but these days buck for buck the Volcano skimmers are probably the best value in large skimmers.

The Predator downdrafts have had a solid reputation and pull a lot from the water and are pretty reasonable in price also.

Carlo