• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Drew's Doser Peristaltic Dosing Pump

has anyone use it? are they any good? I'm looking at a Reefkeeper Elite and will like to used it with the controller.

Thanks.

I have not used that specific pump. I have used similar ones. They work by squeezing a soft plastic tube, similar to airline tubing, and that forces a small amount of fluid through the pump.

Now the big problem you have with this arrangement is that sooner or later the tubing is going to fail. This means that you are going to need a supply of spare parts. Make sure that you can get the spare parts from several suppliers. This way you'll be able to keep the pump going. Otherwise, you will be left with a useless pump, and need to get something else.

Also, what do you plan to use it for? The material you pump through it has a great effect on the life of the tubing.