• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Duck decoy's / Prints / Stamps

Lynn has recently come into possession of a number of hand carved/painted duck decoy's, and framed/matted prints w/stamps. These were her father and brother's who recently passed. I would like to get educated as to their value, so if anyone has an idea where to start, i.e. web sites, etc. please give me a heads up. They also need to be cleaned up, so I'd like to find out what to use to clean them, and maybe more importantly what not to use.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If I'm not mistaken there is an annual convention/show for these in Atlantic City

I would start with Ebay for the Duck Stamp Prints and maybe the decoys though they are more difficult. More often than not cleaning thing up is the opposite of what you want to do...outside of wiping them down to remove dust. Ducks Unlimited I think is the website where the most of the prints come from. I will ask my Mom she used to sell them when we had a gallery if she knows any particular groups. http://www.ducks.org/conservation/federal-duck-stamp/great-value-in-duck-stamps

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
If you decide to sell them let me know I might be interested in something. I love those old carved decoys.
Also how are you Jim? Are you going to the meeting tomorrow? Everyone would like to see you.

I am sorry, it's been hard for me to get to meetings lately due to work, family and fire department responsibilities. I will try to make the next one that's not in the far south!