• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Duncan not opening

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I bought a duncan about two weeks ago and the thing is not opening up all the way. I have it in the bottom of my tank with moderate light/waterflow. I spot feed it when it is open and my water conditions are fine. The only thing that I have read which may be bothering it is the frogspawn in the tank. They are not very close together however it is a 12 gallon tank so that might not even matter. Should I move it out of the tank?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Thank you guys for the advice. I also pulled out an emerald crab after we saw him pull a piece off of our frogspawn. He may be to blame for annoying the duncan as well. If anyone wants him you can have him, little guy molted twice and got way to big for the tank.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Moved the duncan up in the tank last night, started opening a bit, we will see. He still looks very healthy and has not lost any of his "flesh".